HMP and YOI Doncaster
HMP & YOI Doncaster was originally awarded to Serco in 1994 and was, at that time, the third privately run prison in the UK. In 2000 the prison was retained by Serco after a market test on a 10 year contract. The prison predominantly serves the courts of South Yorkshire and currently holds up to 1,145 male prisoners over the age of 18, a combination of remand and sentenced prisoners, including a small number of lifers and indeterminate sentenced prisoners.
The prison's vision is to promote innovative solutions to produce significant benefits for the prisoners, their families and the communities of South Yorkshire. HMP & YOI Doncaster's Community Resettlement Team works together with 30 local organisations to create successful transitions back into the community.
HMP & YOI Doncaster's achievements:
- Scored a "Level 4" grading for Resettlement at the last HMCIP inspection and described as being "amongst the best they have seen" in a local prison
- Awarded a Crystal Hearts Award by the Partners of Prisoners
- Received the Charter Mark for excellence in the provision of public services and the Investor in People award
- Awarded the British Safety Council 5 star Safety Management award
- Won the Barclays Bank Partnership award for setting up bank accounts for prisoners
- Given a Criminal Justice award for work done around outreach support for prisoners and families
- Businesses in the community awarded the prison with their Collaborative Action award and Energy Innovation award.
|Address:||HMP & YOI Doncaster |