Serco Leisure has over 20 years experience and manages 70 facilities on behalf of 22 clients, including Community Leisure Trusts, Local Authorities, Universities and the Ministry of Defence.
Facilities include Bisham Abbey and Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centres, National Water Sports Centre, Manchester Aquatics Centre (venue for the 2002 Commonwealth Games), golf courses, community leisure facilities and dual use centres.
Our philosophy is based on genuine, open partnerships, working with organisations, who, like us, have a 'can do' attitude and a proactive approach.
- We have over 66,000 members across all our facilities, and teach over 30,000 children to swim each week.
- Serco was UK's first leisure operator to offer mobile bookings app. Over 50% of web traffic is now through mobiles.
- Over the past two years, we have reduced leisure facility CO2 emission by enough to counteract the yearly CO2 emissions of 400 to 500 homes.
- On average we devote 1,100 hours a month to training.
- We run approximately 42,500 aerobics-style classes a year, with 950,000 people attending.
Below is a list of some of our partnerships:
- Tenterden Leisure Centre Trust and Ashford Borough Council
- Basingstoke & Deane Community Leisure Trust and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
- Bolton Community Leisure Ltd and Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Eastbourne Leisure Trust and Eastbourne Borough Council
- Harborough District Leisure Trust and Harborough District Council
- Maidstone Leisure Trust and Maidstone Borough Council
- Manchester Sport and Leisure Trust and Manchester City Council
- Meopham Sports & Leisure Association
- South Northamptonshire Leisure Trust and South Northamptonshire Council
- South Ribble Community Leisure Ltd and South Ribble Borough Council
- Sport England - Serco Leisure work directly with Sport England to manage Bisham Abbey and Lilleshall National Sports Centre.
- States of Jersey
- Swale Community Leisure Ltd and Swale Borough Council
- West Lancashire Community Leisure Ltd and West Lancashire Borough Council
- Mansfield District Leisure Trust and Mansfield District Council
- Shropshire Community Leisure Limited
- Northern Community Leisure Trust and North Down Borough Council
- Ministry of Defence
- Holme Pierrepont Leisure Trust and Nottinghamshire County Council
We have strong relationships with National Governing Bodies of Sport including:
- England Hockey
- England Squash
- Badminton England
- British Gymnastics
- Amateur Rowing Association
- England Netball