Our people 2019
We were delighted to welcome our first graduate cohorts into our UK & Europe and Asia Pacific Divisions in September and January, respectively.
These are the first cohorts of the new Serco Global Graduate Programme. Aimed at identifying and developing our leaders of the future, the two-year programme provides a unique opportunity for ambitious, newly qualified graduates from diverse backgrounds to gain hands-on experience in business management. They are working in a wide range of roles across our different sectors, building a strong platform of knowledge, skills and experiences on which to launch their future leadership careers in Serco.
Our new graduate colleagues have been through a rigorous assessment and selection process, competing with more than 1,000 applicants in each region to secure their new roles. Each cohort is now in the first of three eight-month rotations – learning and gaining valuable skills and experience on the job as well as through a comprehensive development programme, supported by dedicated onsite placement managers within the business.
Our graduate placements in the UK include:
- London Cycle Hire Scheme;
- Forth Valley Royal Hospital, Larbert, Falkirk;
- Asylum Accommodation and Support Services, Warrington, Cheshire;
- Marine Services, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Our graduate placements in Australia include:
- Traffic Camera Services, Melbourne;
- National Disability Insurance Agency contact centre, Melbourne;
- Melbourne Immigration Transit Accommodation;
- Australian Health Services Contract, Melbourne; and
- a range of placements based in Sydney that focus on building capability in analytics and bolstering our Growth portfolio, such as Market Intelligence; and Innovation and Partnerships.
We are planning to launch the Global Graduate Programme in our Americas and Middle East Divisions in 2020.
Commenting on our commitment to inclusion throughout the recruitment and selection process, Eva Holland, Graduate Management Trainee at London Cycle Hire Scheme, said: “I am excited to have started on Serco’s Graduate Programme and be part of their development of a diverse leadership pipeline. Our cohort are all from different walks of life and this is both celebrated and supported in terms of the challenges and opportunities we face. Serco’s emphasis on inclusivity was evident from the start with their careful consideration of individual needs and seeking our perspectives on diversity.”