We are committed to doing everything we can to make a positive difference to the communities and economies within which we operate. Our commitment is defined within our Operations Policy Statement, supporting standards and related operating procedures.
In summary, we strive to:
- work closely with communities and partner effectively with local governments in order to best contribute to local economies;
- employ people from the local community where possible;
- ensure small firms, voluntary and community organisations, and social enterprises are actively encouraged to be members of Serco’s supply chain;
- encourage, monitor and measure local employment and the role of local organisations in our supply chain; and
- encourage and participate in charitable activity that aligns with our Values.