Our environmental agenda
We are committed to limiting the impact of our operations on the environment through more sustainable business practice for our customers and wider stakeholders.
- We recognise our responsibility for the environmental impacts of the services we deliver, the products and services we buy and the ways in which we operate.
- We strive to:
- identify, assess and actively manage the environmental hazards, impacts and risks that arise from our activities and services, investigating incidents and monitoring performance and systems;
- ensure our environmental management remains adequate, relevant and proportionate to specific operations;
- build a culture of environmental stewardship that drives improvement; and
- minimise adverse environmental impact through effective environmental management systems aligned to customer specification and contractual requirements, and underpinned by the Serco Management System.
- Where we have direct control of environmental impacts, activities are managed locally. Across more than two thirds of our business we work on our customers’ premises and are not in direct control of environmental impacts. In such cases, we work collaboratively with our customers, supporting them in applying their own environmental management systems and objectives.
For more information please review our Environment resources (see menu on right).