We are each responsible for what we say online.
Social media provides new opportunities for business, communication and collaboration, and new obligations for us to protect our people and reputation.
Social media - refers to websites and applications that let users create and share content and participate in social networking. It includes sites such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, MySpace, blogs, wikis and newsgroups. But it also includes any means through which you can digitally post text or images to someone else.
Using social media - your responsibilitie:
- You are responsible for everything you publish on social media. If you identify yourself as a Serco employee, then you should abide by the behaviours and values of Our Code.
- Your profile and content should be consistent with the way you would present yourself and Serco to colleagues and customers.
- You should not post indecent, offensive, discriminatory or defamatory content.
- Your content should respect all religious, political, economic and racial differences and opinions.
- Your content should respect others' privacy.
- Anything you state as fact must be correct and fair, and where you make mistakes, you should correct them as soon as possible.
- Using social media in the workplace with company facilities must be in line with our standards on acceptable use.
Once it's out there, you can't take it back.Read more