Business Conduct and Ethics
Serco is committed to the highest standards of integrity, honesty, openness and professionalism in all its activities wherever they are undertaken. We recognise the impact that we make on society, the economy and the planet, and we seek to make a positive difference in the places where we do business. We have a responsibility to be a good corporate citizen that contributes to the social and economic well-being of the communities in which we live and work.
We are clear about what we believe in and the ethics and business standards we set ourselves. We define this within our policies. Our policies reflect our values, provide direction on compliance with the relevant laws and regulatory requirements of the countries in which we do business and are sensitive to local customs, traditions and cultures.
This commitment is embedded in our policy statement.
All business activities undertaken by Serco will as a minimum comply with the laws of the countries in which it operates. However we also recognise that the standards we have set ourselves as well as upholding our values, may require more than mere compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We define our standards within the Serco Management System.
We respect the human rights and dignity of individuals and consider the social, environmental and other factors important to our customers and the communities within which we operate.
Wherever we do business we will be professional and operate with integrity and honesty. Our policy is one of zero tolerance to any form of bribery or corrupt practices
It is the responsibility of all employees to:
- Conduct business in accordance with the laws of the country in which business is being transacted and that are otherwise applicable to our work.
- Comply with the Company's published procedures and policies.
- Exercise reasonable professional skill and care in the performance of work undertaken for, or on behalf of, the Company.
- Behave in a way that recognises the rights of other individuals, both within the Company and outside, and reflects positively on the Company.
- Respect the traditions and culture of the communities within which we operate and interact.
- Not offer, promise, give, accept, condone, approve or knowingly benefit from an improper business gratuity, a bribe, 'kickback' or other improper advantage, benefit or reward, or otherwise apply inappropriate influence.
- Protect property and information concerning the Company and its business activities, ensuring its use is for authorised purposes only and in accordance with any specific conditions of use
- Not countenance corrupt practices.
Our standards are set out in the attached Business Conduct and Ethics Group Standard