Defence Clothing Stores
Serco provides responsive, reliable and efficient retail and online clothing services to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) through our management of the Defence Clothing Stores contract. Our services have been delivered for over 11 years. Headquartered at Victoria Barracks in Melbourne, Serco operates a network of 28 retail clothing stores located at major ADF base locations across Australia. Our services are delivered by 199 committed staff whose key focus is to ensure superior customer experience.
Serco Defence Clothing Stores delivers a range of key services on behalf of the ADF, including:
- Self-service and counter-service retail clothing stores operating across Australia issuing retail and online clothing to ADF members, including loan pool garments and online orders
- Management of members’ Personal Inventory Management System (PIMS) / Personal Electronic Clothing Card (PECC) records
- Receipt of inward consignments of clothing and accessories, bulk receipt of clothing, arranging despatch or customer pick up of purchased items and processing of returns and exchanges
- Inventory management of ADF stock, including stocktakes, and spot checks and maintenance of stock clothing and equipment
- Classification and disposal of exchanged and returned clothing
- Full tailoring services, including made to measure/made to fit uniforms, ribbon bars and medal mounting
- Repair of public loan clothing and equipment
- Sale and issue of clothing and personal equipment: initial free issue and purchases as per the members Service Entitlements
- Manufacture and issue of identification tags and name badges
- Online order management, including telephone and email advice and facilitation of enquiries via the Helpdesk, during office hours
- Footware fitting
- Account maintenance through processing and management of cash and credit card payments via the Government portal.