Serco provides logistics and base support services to the Australian Defence Force across the Middle East Region.
We deliver defence asset management including systems integration, complex weapon system and biomedical equipment maintenance, integrated logistics management, offshore and inshore operations, training and simulation, and complex project management.
Throughout the Middle East Region, Serco provides the Australian Defence Force with a broad range of non-combat support services to ensure the critical effectiveness of ADF missions within the region.
Serco delivers fully integrated logistics and base support services to the ADF in:
- United Arab Emirates
Serco has been granted the following accreditations:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) Limited
- ISO 22001 Food Safety Management System by LRQA.
Under a hybrid contract management and service model delivered in partnership by Serco Australia and Serco Middle East, the Middle East Logistics and Base Support Services (MELABS) contract delivers logistics and base services to the ADF in the Middle East Region. The contract headquarters is located at the Al Minhad Air Base (AMAB), Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Our model, seamlessly integrating on-shore contract management (Australia) and service delivery management intheatre (Middle East), enables us to deliver a fully integrated, cohesive service in the Middle East Region, through an onshore commercial agreement.
The principles that underpin our service delivery:
- A focus on operational delivery at agreed levels or better
- A thorough understanding of our customer’s needs through regular and open engagement
- Rigorous risk management
- Ensuring safety management is of the highest standard
- Complete integration of services across departments and locations
- Certified Quality Management System (QMS) regularly reviewed and audited, which underpins every service we deliver.
Serco has been consistently recognised for our effectiveness and professional ‘can do’ attitude. Serco maintains high quality service levels, with the ability to manage surges efficiently, whilst maintaining strong relations with the host nations and other stakeholders.
Between September 2014 and January 2015, Serco was recognised by Commander JTF633 for our responsiveness to a 200% surge in operations due to the increased presence of ADF personnel at the Al Minhad Airbase, in preparation for Operation OKRA and their forward movement into Iraq.