Serco is relied on to deliver a wide range of government services to citizens around the globe, from the management of contact centres to the administration of flagship employment programmes, from the provision of complex case management, technology and finance services to the operation of local waste management and leisure services.
We help governments to drive cost-efficiencies and meet the rising expectation for improved public services. We do this by streamlining frontline and back-office processes and using digital technology to facilitate self-service and increase convenience. As expert service integrators, we form effective partnerships with small enterprise to manage local delivery.
Our citizen-centric approach and empowerment of our people enable us to design better services, which are personalised to individual needs and offer a better experience.Read more
Citizen Services in Asia Pacific
In Asia Pacific, we help federal, state and local governments provide a range of better public services to citizens for less. We do this through our world-class complex case management, contact centres, back and middle office services, our management of parks and gardens, and more.
We help the Victorian Department of Justice and Victoria Police to improve road safety by encouraging positive change in driver behaviour through our road safety camera services. We assist passengers throughout New South Wales and Western Australia to travel on our public transport networks by answering 2.5 million calls from commuters each year. We reduce the burden of bureaucracy on government and citizens through our operation of four contact centres across Australia for a federal government revenue agency, each year handling 3.6 million calls and processing 660,000 letters and forms.
In everything we do, we address our customers’ needs through innovative design and efficient delivery of service solutions, utilising technology and efficient, agile operational models. This enables us to help governments meet the growing demands placed upon them by digital transformation, empowered citizens, growing populations, and the need to do more and deliver quality services with less.
- We have seven government contact centres in operation across Australia located in Western Australia, Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales, and Tasmania.
- Each year in Australia we process 56 million citizen service interactions, 15 million telephone calls, 4.2 million forms and letters, 37 million website interactions, and 3 million road safety incident images.
- We manage 500 hectares of Melbourne’s CBD open spaces, attracting more than 3 million visitors to Fitzroy Gardens each year. We maintain more than 4 million square metres of grasslands, turf and medium strips, and more than 300,000 square metres of floral beds.
- Each year we log 146,000 passenger feedback comments, and process 164,000 forms on behalf of state government transport departments.
- For one government customer, we delivered a channel shift of 10% reduction in voice calls and 15% increase in customer feedback online, resulting in significant savings.
- We bring together experts in project, risk and operational contract management, transitioning, recruitment and training, workforce management, and digital delivery of citizen services to develop a unique, tailored solution for every situation.