Serco delivers vital healthcare support services around the world – from the operational management of hospitals to the optimisation of patient experience and flow. Our experience reaches across acute, community, primary and private healthcare, increasingly with voluntary and social care partners.
Our passion for care is enriched by our drive and capacity to innovate, and our unrivalled international expertise which enhances service quality, improves patient outcomes and reduces costs.
Through operational excellence and continuous improvement, we maintain safe environments that allow clinicians to focus on the treatment and delivery of excellent clinical outcomes for their patients.Read more
Healthcare in Asia Pacific
In Asia Pacific, Serco is the only provider with capability across a complete suite of clinical and non-clinical support services. We are a trusted long-term partner of governments and provide a range of services in health that keep improving, and incorporate the latest innovations that directly and demonstrably benefit patients and clinical staff.
In what is the largest outsourced health contract in Australia, we provide services to Fiona Stanley Hospital, one of Australia’s most advanced public healthcare facilities, delivering 25 facilities management services at the 783-bed tertiary hospital, and performing to 480 key performance indicators. In both Australia and New Zealand, we also provide holistic primary healthcare, allied and non-clinical services to prisoners at our justice facilities.
We also provide facilities management services to various hospitals on behalf of the Hong Kong Hospital Authority.
- We handle more than 1.5 million calls each year through one of our hospital helpdesks.
- We produce more than 850,000 freshly cooked meals on site for patients each year.
- Since the hospital opened, we have catered for more than 3,000 different combinations of dietary requirements.
- We undertake more than 1,000 patient and equipment movements in just one day in one of our Asia Pacific health contracts.
- We use 18 automated guided vehicles to reduce workplace injuries and improve efficiencies.
- We handle an average of 17,000 face-to-face hospital reception enquiries each month.
- We use a state-of-the-art building management system with more than 150,000 data monitoring points.
- Our cleaning team services more than 40,000 rooms or areas each month.
- In 2015, we renegotiated gas and electricity contracts achieving cost savings of over 50%, delivering more than AU$4 million in savings to Western Australian taxpayers over two years.
- At Wandoo Reintegration Facility, our healthcare services were recognised by the Western Australia Office of the Inspector for Custodial Services: “We were impressed – not just with the level of health service provision – but by the efforts made to educate residents to care for themselves and to improve their levels of health and fitness”.
- Through the ADF Medical and Dental Supply Chain Contract, Serco has also delivered medical and dental logistic services to the Australian Defence Force for over a decade, providing medical equipment fleet repair, maintenance, and calibration, as well as supplying pharmaceuticals and medical consumables.