Serco is a world leading provider of border control and immigration services. Our capabilities span the immigration cycle, from surveillance and border control to the processing of asylum applications, from the management of detention centres to the provision of welfare support in the community.
We help governments meet the challenge of managing immigration by applying intelligence, strengthening border controls, sensitively managing people, working in close partnership with not-for-profit organisations to deliver housing and welfare support, and delivering efficiencies through the system that reduce cost and enable the swift repatriation or successful integration of migrants into society.
Driven by a strong public sector ethos, all of our immigration specialists are trained in and committed to ensuring the wellbeing, safety, compassion, and respect for the people entrusted to our care.Read more
Immigration Services in Asia Pacific
Serco is a leading provider of immigration services in Asia Pacific. Our services include the management of detention centres, transporting and escorting people locally, domestically and internationally, and the provision of support services for people while their immigration status is being resolved with government immigration departments.
We contribute to the Government’s commitment to national security, with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of a dynamic onshore detention network with increasing operational complexity, while ensuring those in our care are treated with dignity and respect.
- In Asia Pacific, we have delivered immigration services since 2009, working with the Australian Department of Home Affairs as the national onshore immigration detention service provider.
- Over the term of our contracts, we rapidly adapted our operations to meet the needs of a network experiencing unprecedented growth. Within a 24 month period, the network expanded from five facilities to more than 22 sites across Australia. In contrast, in 2015 the average number of detainees across the immigration detention network reduced by 68%, while the demographics of detainees changed significantly, resulting in an increasing proportion of higher risk detainees, and those with special needs.
- More than 8 million program activities have been delivered across our sites, including cultural cooking and sporting activities, and more than 20 million nutritious meals have been served, catering to the individual needs of those in our care.
- We currently employ more than 2,000 specially trained staff, who speak more than 25 languages to deliver a safe, secure service and treat those in our care with dignity and respect. Last year we delivered 8,000 training activities across 22 courses to employees.
- In 2016, we introduced a new online detainee management solution for the Australian Border Force to automate real-time information on all aspects of services to people in our care, Serco Care Manager.