Serco is one of the largest facilities management providers in the world. Our proven experience and broad capabilities help our customers manage and improve their infrastructure, respond to emergencies, monitor and manage their facility resources, and keep their facilities safe and secure.
Serco has more than 50 years’ experience delivering facilities management services in secure environments around the world.
From correctional facilities to immigration centres, to military and defence bases, Serco helps governments meet the demands and challenges of managing complex operating environments.
We bring unique benefits to our customers by combining deep facilities management experience and capability with market-leading technology to provide a cost-efficient solution. This is underpinned by the provision of rich management information produced by the market-leading systems and technologies that we employ. Serco's best-in-class facilities management services are designed around our customer's needs using our standardised service streams as the building blocks. This means we offer our customers a flexible and adaptable service while delivering in a standardised way, leading to greater efficiency, reliability, and customer experience.
Facilities management statistics:
- Serco provides 18 separate facilities management service lines to Australia’s largest prison, Clarence Correctional Centre in NSW.
- Since 2009, Serco has provided facilities management services to secure onshore immigration detention centres in Australia. At its peak, this network comprised 23 sites around the country.
- Serco has managed more than 150,000 facilities management tasks in our immigration and justice facilities since 2015.
- 3,000 Facilities Management work orders are processed each month by Serco’s National Operations Support Centre in Canberra.
- Serco has a proud 50-year history delivering complex facilities management support to RAF Fylingdales for the UK Ministry of Defence. Serco is the only contractor to have continuously operated and maintained the facility, despite 11 competitive tender exercises.
- Serco maintains more than 4 million square metres of grasslands, turf, and median strips for the City of Melbourne.
• Asset lifecycle management • Energy and utilities management • Configuration and design support • Emergency management • Business continuity • Compliance management
• Estates and portfolio management • Maintenance and Repairs • Cleaning and catering • Pest control • Security and access control • Helpdesk services • Minor capital works • Project Management
• Horticultural services • Buildings and infrastructure services • Cleaning, rubbish and recyclables • Water management services • Minor capital works