Family and Domestic Abuse Assistance Hub
Serco is committed to creating a supportive workplace environment in which employees feel safe and comfortable seeking assistance for domestic abuse concerns.
Over the past year Serco has been looking at a number of ways we provide support to our employees across the region and this work included an update of the Family and Domestic Abuse Policy.
- Serco’s Family and Domestic Abuse Policy applies to all employees (permanent, fixed term, casual), regardless of gender, who are victims of domestic violence; with no qualifying period of service.
- There are a number of avenues for support that Serco will facilitate for staff.
- Where time off work is needed all employees are entitled to up to 10 occurrences of paid domestic violence leave per year.
- Employees do not have to exhaust other entitlements before accessing domestic violence leave.
The full policy can be found here.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
As part of our Serco AsPac Wellbeing and Mental Health program, all employees, and their immediate family members, can access free, confidential, short-term counselling and coaching for any issue via the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Converge International.
To arrange an appointment you can contact:
- 1300 687 327 (Australian based employees)
- 0800 666 367 (NZ based employees)
- 800 905 386 (HK based employees)
Australian-based employees also have access to the Domestic & Family Violence Specialist Helpline provided by Converge: 1300 338 465.
For further information on the EAP, please visit the Converge International EAP Portal, which is an online hub of resources designed to provide information on work related and personal issues. To log in to the portal, go to www.convergeinternational.com.au and click on the ‘Portal Login’ (in the top right-hand corner).
Use this information to gain access:
Other support services independent from Serco:
- 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- MensLine 1300 789 978
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- The National Support Services site cover resources for each state and territory: https://www.respect.gov.au/services/
We invite your comments, questions and suggestions in this space. To be in touch, please email us at [email protected]