Base Operations / Facilities Management
Serco delivers cost-effective military base management, logistics support, and facilities management solutions to defence and national security customers. Our expertise enables clients to increase focus on mission requirements, achieve higher levels of operational efficiency, and sustain the capability of military assets, including airfields, bases, barracks, and naval facilities.
For over 20 years, Serco has proudly supported the Canadian Armed Forces with comprehensive base support services at 5 Wing Goose Bay. Under often extreme conditions at the edge of the North Atlantic Coast, where temperatures can dip to -39C and mountainous snowdrifts often blow over the runways, Serco’s team keeps this strategic airfield up and running 365 days a year.
Approximately 250 employees provide services including air traffic control, logistics support, snow and ice removal, facilities management, food service, emergency services, utilities management and water treatment. Given the isolated location of the base, ensuring that the Royal Canadian Air Force and international military visitors are well cared for and able to achieve their missions is both a challenge and a source of pride for Serco’s team, which has received multiple commendations and awards for their performance.
Serco is able to draw on a global base of experience as a trusted partner to the Canadian, UK, Australian and American military forces, supporting bases from the edge of the arctic to the deserts of the Middle East.
- In the UK, Serco keeps nine of the RAF’s airfields and other sites operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, as well as a variety of civilian airfields
- In Australia, we support over 100 defence bases and barracks, as well as providing logistics services to the Australian Defence Services across the Middle East
Through our services, we help our customers to reduce operating costs, increase asset availability and utilization, improve safety, and enhance troop morale. Services that we provide include:
- Comprehensive facilities management
- Air traffic control
- Fire and rescue services
- Catering and accommodation management
- Integrated logistics services
- Disaster and humanitarian response
- Armament and fuel handling