Start your Career with Serco
Serco’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide undergraduate students with paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. Our goal is to help our interns build a career roadmap that creates challenging and rewarding learning experiences during their time at Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our Summer 2022 internship program will run May 23rd through August 12th, with 1 week off July 4th – 8th.
Please click the button below to join our Talent Community and express interest in our internship opportunities - be sure to select "Internship" under the Job Category. As part of our Internship Talent Community you will be notified when summer internship positions are available for application.
Our Commitment to You
Serco places significant emphasis on developing the future workforce through diverse learning and development opportunities that foster the skills and tools necessary to be successful in a professional environment. In addition to hands-on work experience in assigned internship roles, we believe professional growth comes from formal learning, development, and networking opportunities to include our three-tiered learning approach and participation in the Executive Challenge project.
Three-tiered Learning Approach – “Learn”, “Support”, “Lead” is Serco’s three-tiered approach to learning and professional growth. Each summer a student interns with us, they join in a different tier of learning moving through unique training and experiences to foster skillsets. In the “Learn’ track, new interns to Serco attend training sessions that provide foundational knowledge of Serco’s functions and how we operate as a business to best serve our customers. In the “Support” track, 2nd summer returning interns are trained on Serco’s Operational Excellence Yellow Belt capability and support a leader with executing a lean six sigma Yellow Belt project. In the “Lead” track, 3rd summer returning interns elevate their Operational Excellence skills to lead a Yellow Belt project and pursue their own Yellow Belt Certification.
Executive Challenge – In addition to Serco’s formal three-tiered learning approach designed to support the progression of skills and experience, Serco incorporates an Executive Challenge project where interns are teamed up and mentored by a member of Serco’s upper management to solve a preassigned high-visibility challenge formulated by Serco’s Senior Leadership Team. Intern Teams work throughout the program to define, research, and implement solutions that address their Executive Challenge. At the end of the Summer, Intern teams present their project to the Serco Leadership Team where one team is deemed winner based on their unique solution and insights.
- Award Winning – We are excited to share that Serco was named to WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Programs List in 2021. Click here to view Serco's news release, or read more about the Top 100 List on Forbes.
- Accredited – Our program is accredited which means students can submit their time in our program for credit towards graduation. Please work with your internship coordinator in your major or school for more information.
- Paid – Our interns receive competitive hourly compensation.
- 401K Eligible – Interns are eligible to participate in Serco’s 401K and retirement plans. We also provide training to equip them with 401K basics.
- Flexible – Interns work an average of 36 hours per week with half-days on Fridays. In addition, we offer in-person, virtual, and hybrid work opportunities.
- Week Off – Serco interns also receive one week off in July to celebrate the 4th of July and Canada Day.
Types of internship opportunities include Artificial Intelligence, Business Development, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, and more!