The Caledonian Sleeper is Scotland’s nightly train service to and from London.
It is also one of the nation’s best kept secrets. Every night except Saturday, trains from Aberdeen, Inverness, Fort William, Glasgow and Edinburgh whisk our guests to London Euston, with another set of carriages heading in the opposite direction.
Serco has been running the Caledonian Sleeper service on behalf of Transport Scotland, since 31 March 2015, managing all aspects of the service. Since then there has been significant investment in the service, with an emphasis on supporting Scottish producers and communities, including:
- Guest Services Centre in Inverness employing 30 staff
- On board menu showcasing the best of Scotland’s food and drink
- 92% of food produce is sourced within 50 miles of the food production operation in Dingwall.
- Uniforms designed by ten30’s Alan Moore
- Comfortable soft furnishings
- Arran Aromatics sleep packs
- Reservation system, www.sleeper.scot, where travel bookings can be made up to one year in advance.
In 2018 Serco will introduce a new fleet of carriages, which will offer four innovative ways to travel in comfort on the Sleeper service - Cradle Seats, Berths and En-Suite Berths, and a Brasserie style Club Car for dining.