At HMP Lowdham Grange we believe in the importance of maintaining a healthy relationship with family and friends. We place a great deal of importance in making your visit experience as good as it possibly can be.
All social visits can only be booked by the prisoners themselves via internal processes.
Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
- 10:00 - 11:00
- 13:00 - 14:00
- 15:30 - 16:30
Any visitor arriving more than 50% of the duration of a visit late will not be allowed to participate in that visit. In simple terms this means the following:
- One hour visit - more than half an hour late - visit will be cancelled
- Two hour visit - more than one hour late - visit will be cancelled
- Three hour visit - more than one and a half hours late - visit will be cancelled
Visitors should arrive 30 minutes prior to their allocated visit time to avoid delays.
To maintain a suitable visiting environment and to comply with the security element within the hall visitors and prisoners are asked to follow the guidelines set out below.
No items may be given to prisoners other than refreshments purchased in the hall.
Prisoners and visitors will remain in their seats and not wander around the hall.
All visitors will be searched and pass by the drug dog on entry to the establishment and if they leave the hall.
Prisoners and visitors will not be abusive to staff, other prisoners or other visitors.
Children must be kept under control - including in the play area.
Prisoners and visitors must not be unduly noisy.
Prisoners may greet their visitors with a kiss and kiss them goodbye, this should be done in a manner that is not offensive to others, please note that there should be no other physical contact throughout the visit other than stated above.
Prisoners and visitors must obey instructions from staff and leave quietly when instructed.
Visitors may purchase refreshments from the tea bar for themselves and the prisoner; the prisoner must not accompany them to the tea bar though.
Visitors may leave the hall to use the toilet providing staffing and other circumstances permit - The time spent will be part of the visit time allocated and level B searches will be carried out. Prisoners may not use the toilet once their visit has started if they wish to use the toilet their visit will be terminated.
Visits will be subject to CCTV surveillance and staff will patrol the hall.
Visits by children to prisoners who have been identified as presenting a potential risk to children will be particularly closely monitored.
Cash is permitted into the prison for use at the coffee shop to a maximum value of £15 per adult and £5 per child. Notes are not accepted, coins only.
Please note the following items are not permitted inside the prison:
- Toy Guns
- Controlled / Illegal Drugs
- Metal Cutlery
- Chewing Gum
The following items may only be allowed into the prison in controlled circumstances although we appreciate it if you do not bring in any of these items if you are coming for a meeting:
- Mobile Phones and other similar Communication Devices
The following items are not permitted unless authorized by the IT and Security Department:
- Data Sticks
- Audio Tapes
- Floppy Discs
- Video Tapes
The security department should be advised prior to arrival of any prescription medication needed to be brought into the Prison. All medication will be restricted to a sufficient amount for one day's treatment only.
Medication needs to be handed in at XRAY and will be given to the visit staff who will issue if required.
What identification is needed?
All first time visitors must bring some form of photographic identification and a proof of address in order for them to be processed on to the system.
The following are examples of what could be used as photo ID:
- Current Passport
- EC ID card
- Driving Licence
- Senior Citizens transport pass, issued by local authority
- Employers or Student ID card (Only if this clearly shows the name of the visitor and the employer/educational establishment, has a photograph and signature that can be compared and if it is a recognised employer or educational establishment).
If your visitor is bringing children with them they must bring the birth certificate or Passport and if it is not the parent or guardian of the child they must also bring written consent from the parent or guardian of the child and the birth certificate or Passport.
Failure to comply with this requirements could result in refusal of entry.
All visitors must be appropriately dressed at all times. This is a family environment and we do not wish to offend people. The following restrictions apply to all visits:
- All skirts must be no more than 3 inches above the knee (no mini-skirts).
- Leggings must not be see through.
- No trousers or jeans with holes/rips/multiple zips or pockets around the groin area, and they must be pulled up around the waist.
- Trousers/jeans must not have holes in the pockets near to the groin area.
- No short or cropped tops revealing the midriff.
- No see through tops or tops that show excessive cleavage.
- No camisole tops.
- Males in t-shirts must have a sleeve, vests are not acceptable.
- Clothing displaying offensive patterns or logos will not be permitted (i.e Cannabis leaves, racist logos, gang tags or offensive words).
- No steel toe caps.
- Sunglasses, hats and scarves are not permitted (with the exception of headwear for religious reasons).
Failure to comply may result in the prisoner's visitor being refused entry.