Vehicle Testing and Condition Monitoring Systems
Vehicle Testing and Acceptance
We offer a flexible, multi-faceted testing and analysis service which enables us to support our customers' needs, whether investigating vehicle service problems, providing baseline data for design studies, or the testing of new or modified products.
Examples of our capabilities include:
- Brake and wheel slip testing
- Vehicle stability and internal vibration measurement
- Dynamic pantograph performance and tuning measurement
- On-train electrical measurement
- Strain measurement
- Commissioning and service introduction of new vehicle fleets.
Condition Monitoring Systems
We also specialise in the development and installation of monitoring systems specifically tailored to particular customers' needs enabling both short and long term condition monitoring of rolling stock and infrastructure systems. Recent examples of such installations include:
- Long-term in-service recording of freight wagon suspension displacements, location and speed as part of an accident investigation
- The monitoring of forces and stresses in switch and crossing installations to enable their behaviour under train passage and temperature extremes to be better understood.