The Red Lab holds its second Live Talk
Following the success of our first event in May 2021, the Red Lab held its second Live Talk on 13 December 2021, attended by Serco colleagues, professors, students and business partners. The virtual event was an invaluable opportunity to discuss the strategic objectives of the Red Lab project and present the research activities.
After an introduction by the Red Lab managers Raffaele Crapolicchio and Gianmaria Giaconia, Enrico Cadau (Red Lab ambassador) gave a keynote speech on “PRISMA hyperspectral data scientific exploitation projects”, followed by two Serco colleagues presenting their current research activities:
- Gabriele Mevi, “BAQUNIN NO2 measurements in Rome in 2020-2021; results and comparison with historical data-series”
- Marco Restano, “Monitoring Absolute Sea Level in the Baltic Sea”
The Red Lab students were then able to showcase the research work they have performed together with their tutors from Serco:
- Marianne Bargiotti (Space Missions Science, Design and Applications - University of Bologna), “Support on the analysis, validation and inter-comparison of satellite and ground-based water vapour dataset for atmosphere”
- Federico Cianciotta (Tor Vergata University), “Artificial Intelligence for optimisation of the ONDA storage”
- Nicola Plutino (Space Science and Technology at Tor Vergata University), “Ionosphere response to interplanetary shocks: SWARM observation”
Raffaele Crapolicchio, Red Lab Manager, said “I am delighted about the research work presented. The work covers the different angles of our activities: research within our service contracts, research in partnership with Universities and research based on new business opportunities. I am also pleased about the next development of the Red Lab drafted by Gianmaria Giaconia towards increasing the relationship with our business processes.”
The recording of the Red Lab Live Talk #2 is available on the Red Lab YouTube channel here.