Acquisition and Program Management
Serco provides critical support for the rapid and efficient acquisition of weapons platforms and support services to meet changing mission requirements. Our subject matter experts have experience managing the acquisition process of classified, next-generation weapons from conceptual design through delivery. And we have decades of domain experience helping our clients achieve transformational objectives while adhering to procurement rules and budget and scheduling parameters.
Serco has earned the trust of defense clients by:
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of the government procurement process, design parameters, and mission priorities
- Providing the data and framework to enable evidence-based decisions and support robust oversight
- Applying advanced technologies to accelerate the pace of innovation and evaluate options and trade-offs more efficiently
Serco has demonstrated surge capability to stand up teams quickly to support defense programs that integrate multiple engineering, planning, and technical disciplines. Our agile staffing model enables Serco to dial in industry-leading experts at critical junctures and field sizable teams globally to meet client demands.
We help develop a detailed analysis of alternatives and concepts of operations to provide a roadmap for complex programs, including joint operations. Responsiveness and flexibility are the hallmarks of our work in base security, disaster relief, and force sustainment.
- Combat capability development
- Business case analysis
- Strategic planning
- Risk management framework & assessment
- Contract strategies
- Financial planning & execution
- Import/export strategies
Maritime Acquisition Expertise
Serco has supported the design and procurement of every major ship class for the U.S. Navy for the past four decades and several significant new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy. Our world-class capabilities in naval architecture and vendor-neutral approach allow us to place client objectives first.
Naval warfare is entering a period of accelerated innovation driven by unmanned and autonomous surface and submersibles, hypersonic missiles, cyberwarfare, and other emerging threats and opportunities. Serco is helping our clients to sustain strategic advantage at the intersection of next-generation technologies and rapidly evolving naval doctrine.
We offer our maritime customers:
- A unique depth of expertise in ship procurement through the budget, bidding, and award cycle
- An agile engineering approach to rapidly adapt to changes in the threat, technology, and funding environments
- Integrated support through the process of contracting, integration, delivery, testing, and training for new vessels, weapons systems, and C5I systems
- A presence in major naval acquisition commands, naval ports, and shipyards
Our overriding goal is to help our customers deliver on time, on budget fully mission-capable ships, submarines, and unmanned platforms.