Naval Design and Engineering
Serco provides comprehensive design and engineering services to support next-generation capabilities and the modernization and sustainment of core weapons systems, including surface ships, submarines, amphibious, aircraft, ground, and unmanned platforms.
We provide design and integration support, including:
- Concept, preliminary, contract functional, and detail design services
- Systems engineering
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Set-Based Design
- Specialty Design Services – topside design, EMI/EMX, RADHAZ, Ship Signatures, Human Systems, UNREP Systems
- Acoustic Engineering
- Cyber assessment & cyber hardening
- Software engineering
- Rapid prototyping
- C4I modernization
- Weapons systems modernization
- Hardware integration engineering
Preeminent Naval Designers
Serco’s team has played a role in every major U.S. Navy ship program in the past 40 years and maritime design for a range of international shipbuilding programs, spanning naval, research, and civilian ships. In Canada, Serco is uniquely positioned to support the National Shipbuilding Strategy by providing design and engineering services to the Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Coast Guard, and other customers.
We work across all ship classes, including surface ships, craft, aircraft carriers, and submarines. We are a leader in applying A.I. and advanced analytics to design unmanned, autonomous vessels and improve naval platforms' sustainability and combat effectiveness. Our subject matter experts serve as trusted partners of their government counterparts providing integrated engineering support for the most advanced weapons and C4I systems.
- Naval Architecture – Our naval architects apply decades of experience and intelligent automation to help our clients design, develop, and verify the ships and submersibles that are redefining the future of naval warfare.
- Marine Engineering – We offer comprehensive engineering services to optimize every mission-critical system and component, including advanced approaches to propulsion, displacement, stability, and hydrodynamic performance.
- Structural Engineering – We design the hull and internal structures to ensure the longevity, survivability, producibility, and cost of ships, with an ultimate focus on mission performance and the safety of servicemen and women.
- Comprehensive Lifecycle Support – Serco’s world-class engineers support the modernization and sustainment of the fleet, including inspection, performance evaluation, repair, maintenance, and optimizing the cost of ownership.