The UN SDGs are one of a number of initiatives and goals that help inform our thinking and approach. We recognise that positive relationships can be drawn between the majority of the UN SDGs, our operations and the action we take to deliver on our ESG commitments.
- where we operate marine-based services, we are mindful of our impact on the seas and oceans, which contributes to UN SDG 14, ‘Life below water’;
- where we provide catering in our hospitals, we focus on meeting the specific nutritional needs of all patient care groups, reducing the risks of malnutrition and enhancing care outcomes, which contributes to UN SDG 2, ‘Zero hunger’; and
- throughout our business, our local contributions to individual charities and communities support a multitude of causes that contribute to UN SDGs.
However, in order to most appropriately define the relationship between our work and the UN SDGs, we have chosen to highlight here those goals where we perceive that we are making broader contributions. All of these are underpinned by our Values and our commitment to behave with integrity and treat people with respect.
UN SDGs where we perceive that we are making broader contributions:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels