Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
July 2018 - Present
Serco operates a contract to provide fire and rescue services (FRS) with scope encompassing a dual-runway international airport and its operating structures.
The fire and rescue services comprise of over 100 operational and support staff, the management of 4 operational fire stations and 20 specialised fire vehicles. The fire and rescue service has a proven track record of handling thousands of incidents across a range of categories each year. Serco’s team at the airport is made up of a multitude of different nationalities, wherein a large majority are Saudi nationals at over 40% of the total workforce.
Serco provides a range of services for the airport, including:
- Aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF)
- Structural rescue and firefighting (SRFF)
- Fire safety, prevention and planning
- Emergency medical response (EMR)
- Watchroom, incident command and control capability
- Internal training and maintenance of competence scheme
- Equipment support and inspection regime
- Facilities management of fire stations
As part of our service for the airport, Serco has plans in place to be the first NFPA fully compliant aviation fire service in KSA. Upon implementation of the required qualification by the Kingdom’s airport regulator, the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA), an extensive training plan is in place to facilitate all staff attending accredited external training without impacting the operational service provision. By the end of this plan, all operational staff will be compliant firefighting professionals, achieving the required NFPA standards/certification in line with GACA regulations.