- Home (UK)
Accessibility on serco.com
We want everyone who visits the Serco.com website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
What are we doing?
To help us make the Serco.com website a positive place for everyone, we are using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Serco.com website.
How are we doing?
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, and realise there are some areas that still need improving.
The Reciteme assistive toolbar is available on all our pages and has been used by over 26,000 unique users to view almost 80,000 pages over the course of 12 months.
In March 2022 to help meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards we reviewed all global components on the website to help determine any changes that can improve the overall accessbility score on Serco.com. These improvements are listed below:
- Improving navigation by implementing tabbing to skip to content and open up the dropdown menu.
- Icon and colour changes to meet AA standards.
- Removing autorotate and adding arrows on hero graphics.
- Improve legibility of text and amend button styles on call to actions.
- Updating hover state on news articles.
- Hover states on forms and new global error and inline validation style. Change text on input fields to black to avoid confusion with error messages.
- Optimise Aria attributes to meet AA compliancy including the third party image slider.
- Optimising social labels and descriptions.
We continue to run a monthly scan of the website against the WCAG 2.1 standards using Powermapper Site Sort and continue to work on any identified issues.
We conducted an independent Lighthouse review with a target of 90/100 this is currently 92/100.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact [email protected].
This accessibility statement was updated on 1 August 2022.