Healthcare in the UK & Europe
Serco is trusted to manage vital healthcare services in the UK & Europe. With over two decades of delivering excellent services for the NHS, we have built a strong portfolio of support services. We employ over 5,000 people in various roles, from facilities management and managing estates and assets, to care coordination and business process services.
Our intent is to provide better public value from our services than the public sector could provide itself. We achieve this through a relentless focus on delivering our contractual commitments and deliver services that matter for a fair price. The Serco approach is to deliver a better environment, better value, and better care.
- In the UK & Europe, we have over two decades of delivering award winning services for the NHS and currently serving 14 Acute Trusts, 5 Mental Health Trusts, 2 Community Services Trusts, 8 Clinical Commissioning Groups, 4 Regional/National NHS Organisations, and 1 Community Interest Company.
- We employ over 5,000 staff, with significant growth due to stronger outsourcing drives, and have reduced health service staffing costs by up to 35%.
- We deliver facilities management support services across the UK for the following NHS Trusts: Barts Health, Norfolk and Norwich, Plymouth, East Kent, Forth Valley, Wishaw, and Dumfries & Galloway.
- In the UK we deliver services to an estate of over 1 million sqm with 7,500 patient beds. Every year we complete 1.5 million patient moves, serve over 10 million meals and snacks, provide 26 million drinks and spend 2 million hours cleaning the healthcare environment.
- We are a partner in the joint venture Viapath, the leading pathology service provider in the UK and the first joint venture of its kind, which operates from 60 laboratories covering 18 different pathology departments across 3 major hospital sites in London. In 2015, we performed 25.2 million tests, an increase of 3.6% on the previous year.
- We process over 680,000 transactions (payslips, purchase and sales invoices) for the NHS every year.
- We improve customer outcome and service experience with 85% of calls resolved on first contact and have an industry benchmarked customer satisfaction score of 79%.
- We have saved customers of our NHS procurement service in excess of 12% on managed non-pay spend.