- Home (UK)
- Media and News
- Serco team at RNAS Culdrose recognised as Platinum Providers of Work Placements
Serco team at RNAS Culdrose recognised as Platinum Providers of Work Placements
Published: 28 Jan 2020
Serco’s Defence team, who support Leonardo and the Royal Navy at RNAS Culdrose, has become the latest of Cornwall’s Council’s Platinum Providers for work placements.
The Platinum Provider Award has been designed over several years to encourage employers to develop a work experience scheme for schools and young people so that it provides a quality experience. It is also an opportunity for employers to use the scheme as a business improvement tool to effectively manage their work experience offer.
Companies which have achieved this award have found that:
- They could plan and quality assure their work experience more effectively
- The quality of the applications they received were much higher and more positive
- Pupils and young people knew what the job was, what to expect and how to apply - preventing mismatches
- Pupils and young people were more task directed and showed a genuine interest
- Employers, pupils and young people reported a higher degree of satisfaction
Commenting on the Award, Rachael Stevenson, Serco’s Contract Manager at RNAS Culdrose, said: “We are delighted to have received this Platinum Award. We have a very active work experience programme and this will ensure that we are fully compliant in all aspects when offering up work experience placements to local youngsters.”
Serco employs 260 people at RNAS Culdrose and provides maintenance and support services for the Merlin helicopter fleet. In previous years the team won the ‘Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year’ award in the 2018 Cornwall Apprenticeship Awards and was previously awarded a Commander-in-Chief Fleet's Commendation for outstanding support to flying training.